Bresee Foundation FSC
Appointments Page - Free Income Tax Preparation
Bresee Foundation FSC
184 Bimini Place
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Location Map: behind Von’s on Third/Vermont
You may be declined services if your return is out of scope or you do not bring all the documents.
• Required: All taxpayers must be present with valid photo identification.
• Required: Original Social Security Cards or ITINs for tax filers and dependents.
• W-2 from your job/employer.
• Total Cash income (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000)
• 1099 Misc from a Job or Contract Work (VITA: expenses are limited to $10,000).
• 1099 forms from ride share (Uber, Lyft, GrubHub, etc), retirement income, social security income,
bank interest, dividends, and unemployment income.
• W-2 G from Gambling Winnings.
• Form 1095A for health insurance purchased through Covered CA.
• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) issued by the IRS.
• Last year’s tax return (tax year 2018).
• Bank account number for fast and secure direct deposit of your refund.
• ITIN applications and renewals require valid photo identification and birth certificate OR a valid passport.
Returns that are considered Out-of-Scope:
- Incomes more than $55,000.
- Self-employed or cash income with business related expenses over $10,000, have a loss, taking expenses with no proof (receipts, documented mileage, etc. are required), employees, inventory, or business property.
- Returns for businesses.
- Cancelled debt income (Forms 1099C and 1099A) for foreclosures or short sales.
- Handwritten tax documents (W-2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
- Returns for visitors, such as “F,” “J,” “M,” or “Q” visas, that require a 1040NR tax return.
- Rental Income, Foreign Income, Royalty Income, or income from a partnership/corporation (K-1 form).
- Married Filing Separately returns (If you are legally married & file alone - you may be a Married Filing Separate taxpayer - this is out of scope and we will not be able to assist you).
New for 2020! The Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is now worth $6,557. California’s CalEITC has increased to $2,982 and is now available to who earned up to $30,000. CalEITC recipients with a dependent under 6 years old may receive an additional $1,000 from the new Young Child Tax Credit! Learn more at www.FreeTaxPrepLA.com.
Select the date and time of your appointment: